This day was loooong. I knew it was going to be long going into it, but i'm surprised at how exhausting it was. I started the day at 5:30, I had to be to the clinic at 7:30. After arrival and registration, and paying out the fee for the hospital stay I was called back to begin my tests. Up first was a chest x-ray, followed by an upper GI series. Which means swallowing the lovely barium contrast, and doing table yoga while they look at how the barium moves around under ultrasound. To my surprise, the radiologist told me that I have reflux. Huh, I don't ever experience any of those symptoms. Thankfully the surgeon told me that VSG was still good for me assuming that it wasn't severe reflux. After the upper GI was complete, I had to do lab work, which was uneventful.
Next up was the class session, a whopping 4 hours where we covered everything from pre-op liquid diet, post op diet progression, and exercise to depression and alcoholism. Which by the way, I found out people that have undergone WLS are prone to being alcoholics if they're not careful with consumption.
After the class we were sent over to the hospital for pre-registration. I spoke with the anesthesia folks, and received my instructions for the day of surgery, and then was sent home.
Liquid pre-op diet starts the day after Thanksgiving, 11/23/18
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.